Sunday, July 29, 2018

Photographs


PHOTOGRAPHY is one of my favorite hobbies. I am not a serious and professional photographer though.  I don't even own a DSLR camera.  I only shoot on a smartphone camera and sometimes on an 'aim and shoot' camera. I've had an experience on DSLR camera way back when the cameras are not yet digital. I used to shoot on an OLYMPUS OM-10.

Yes, I edit my photos. 

I think there is nothing wrong using an app or software to EDIT your photos.  For me, there is no such thing as an 'original capture'.  I think COMPOSITION is the main criteria for judging a photo (it was during the old days). 

I think as soon as we use our cameras, we are already editing in a sense.  As soon as we aim, change focus, change the shutter speed, change exposure compensation, change filters, zoom, add flash or no flash, etc, we are EDITING.  The only difference is, in an app or photo editing software, we can preview the results right away, immediately. But on taking photos, we preview the 'future' results in our mind.  But still,  all the steps we do to capture using our cameras, digital or not is EDITING.


"The only way you're going to reach places
 you've never gone is if you trust God's direction
to do things you've never done"
- Germany Kent





"Determination takes us to
some interesting places"
- Efrat Cybulkiewicz










No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes I am a Christian . . . not that one, the other one!

What does it mean to be a Christian? Were you born a Christian or a ‘Born Again’ Christian? Have you realized that Christianity is like a vi...